Since 2005, The Beachbody Foundation has donated over $1M to GO Campaign to fight poverty and inequality faced by vulnerable children across the globe.
Each year since GO’s inception, the Beachbody Foundation has worked with GO Campaign to identify and address critical issues and greatest needs for at-risk children where our funds can have the most impact. Together we have:
Broken the cycle of poverty, through economic and educational development programs
- Supported the creation of microloans to establish small businesses and college scholarships for hundreds of girls at risk of trafficking in Nepal.
- Established a computer lab and IT training for child refugees in Indonesia.
- Supported English language classes and other programs aimed at improving the lives of hundreds of would-be refugee youth in Latin America, so they have economic and life opportunities in their home countries.
Worked for equity and justice in vulnerable communities
- Sustained life skills programs for hundreds of youth in Los Angeles, Chicago and Brooklyn aimed at reducing gun violence, giving them positive outlets to express themselves, and role models to help them navigate difficult situations.
- Issued birth certificates for hundreds of stateless refugee children so they can access public health and education.
- Sponsored self-defense training and empowerment programs for thousands of girls at risk of sexual violence in India.
- Launched a social enterprise that teaches girls to make sanitary napkin kits and ensure that puberty is no longer a barrier to education for hundreds of girls in the Congo.
Given hope to children and families in crisis
- Enabled a home for girls rescued from trafficking in Mexico to upgrade their security system to ensure the safety of the girls.
- Provided arts programming for homeless youth in Santa Monica.
- Sponsored mobile chess clinics to teach life skills and empower thousands of impoverished children in Uganda.
- Provided emergency funds for hundreds of children living in shelters along the US Mexico border.
- Provided education and support for 2,500 street children rescued from the streets of Senegal.
- Expanded a music program so that hundreds of children in Paraguay have the opportunity to learn and dream of a life beyond their impoverished town.
- Gifted a new home, car, and scholarship to an aspiring Mississippi college student and her family.
- Gifted new homes, cars, appliances and furniture to 3 homeless families in Los Angeles.
About GO Campaign
GO Campaign is a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that partners with pioneering grassroots Local Heroes across the world to bring direct relief and provide opportunity to children and young adults in need of education & vocational training, medical care, enrichment programs, and basic human rights. Thanks to a private gift covering operating and fundraising expenses, 100% of all public donations to GO Campaign go to programming costs, and donors are allowed to choose the project they want to support.
Kicked off by a small grant from the Beachbody Foundation in 2005, GO Campaign was originally founded to help a group of 20 orphans in Tanzania, and has grown to support over 160,000 children across 37 countries, working with 166 Local Heroes and completing over 425 life-changing projects worldwide.